Questionnaire on Sexuality Knowledge (QSK)
Questionário de Conhecimentos sobre SexualidadePortuguese Version
Carvalho, C. P., Pinheiro, M. R., Pinto Gouveia, J., & Vilar, D. (2017)General Description
This self-report instrument aims to assess the knowledge in a difficulty continuum and to distinguish the students with different levels of knowledge. Analyses based on the Classical Tests Theory were conducted. The difficulty index (DI) and the discrimination index (D) were studied. This instrument is composed of six thematic areas:
- First sexual relation and sexual preoccupations (items 1, 3, 14, 17 and 22);
- Sexuality and sexual pleasure (items 6,15 and 23);
- Contraception and safe sexual practices (items 7, 8, 9, 11, 19 and 26);
- Pregnancy prevention (items 2 and 13);
- Sexual transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS (items 4, 5, 10, 12, 16, 18, 21 and 24);
- Counselling and attendance in sexual and reproductive health (SRH) (items 20 and 25).
The answer scale is dichotomous (true/false) which permits the quotation of one (1) for correct answers and zero (0) for incorrect answers. The number one (1) means that the answer is given in the correct sense, indicating adequate knowledge about sexuality. Non answered items are quoted with a zero (0). Items 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15 16, 19 and 24 are punctuated inversely, and the result consists of the sum of correct answers. The highest punctuations reflect the highest levels of knowledge and the possible results of this final version vary from 0 to 25.
Carvalho, C. P., Pinheiro, M. R., Pinto Gouveia, J., & Vilar, D. (2017). Knowledge about sexuality: Construction and validation of an assessment instrument for adolescents in school. Revista Portuguesa de Educação, 30, 249-274, doi:10.21814/rpe.9032 http://hdl.handle.net/10316/47058
Cristiana Pereira de Carvalho – firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria do Rosário Pinheiro – email@example.com